From driving you to school or all around town, to all those math problems he helped you solve, taught you your first driving lesson, those corny ‘Dad jokes’ to being you’re biggest support system. The responsibility of a father at home is not limited to making provisions but in fact also extends to setting the emotional tone as a protector, a friend, an authority and the first inspiration for his children. To all the wonderful Abbu/Baba/Papas out there, where would we be without you? You are not just our real life heroes but Superheroes, who end up saving the day!
Father’s Day is to be celebrated worldwide on Sunday (June 21st) to recognize the contribution of fatherhood and the paternal bond shared with their children Make this day an extra special one for Abu; the unsung hero who provided you with endless selfless love and guidance. What better than a sentimental gift? Gift giving or ‘Tohfay’ as we call them; are a pure act of love and show a deeper sense of the celebration. Remember, it’s not just a gift but an act to show your appreciation and add an emotional bond to the relationship.
History and Significance of Father’s Day Celebration
The idea of a special day to rejoice the journey of fatherhood was first introduced in 1910 Spokan, Washington. It took a lot of time for this day to be deemed to be as important as Mother’s Day and the first few attempts to honour Father’s Day were actually turned down by the majority of people and took some years for the trend to catch on and spread. The joyous celebrations are made on the third Sunday of June in most parts of the world including Pakistan. It is however also celebrated widely on different days by many other countries.
Although Father’s Day is not a public holiday in Pakistan, it is still a worthy occasion that has received affirmation from the recent presidential proclamation. Given the cultural significance of a father’s role in Pakistan, the commemoration of Father’s Day marks the celebration of an inspirational example of strength, sacrifice and responsibility; playing a crucial role in disciplining us and instilling the right ethics and moral values at every step of the way.
The Role a Father Plays and its Importance
The roles of fathers in the family and society at large cannot be underestimated. They are crucial because they form the pillar for family, and family is the basic unit of the society. Not forgetting the unfortunate families who lost their fathers but are still lucky to have fatherly-like figures in their lives to turn to. Perhaps an elder brother, an uncle or a father-in-law. Let’s not forget to appreciate the endless support and care they provided through time to fill in the void.
Here are some significant importance of fathers.
Don’t be too harsh on yourself!
E-Gift cards are here to your rescue! An easy solution that saves you from all your troubles, right from the comfort of your home.
Our eGift Cards are redeemable in miscellaneous top brands that are also available on online platforms. GiftKarte, has eGift cards for a wide variety of Pakistani brands or categories you may be looking to shop from. Gifting your father with an eGift card from one of his top favourite brands leaves him the opportunity to get to choose the preferred product to his taste from the brand and wishes to redeem his gift voucher. Our eGift Cards are redeemable in any of the miscellaneous top brand stores nearest to you.
If you and your siblings are looking to pull resources together and surprise him with something even more memorable this year for a gift, the provision for group gifting is also offered. It provides the alternative of giving one significant instead of smaller multiple ones and the smile it will bring to his face would really say it all!
As for those of you who are stuck miles away from Pakistan and can’t seem to make it back to celebrate the day with your #1 man during these uncertain times. This is your chance to let that not be an excuse and still make him feel special on his big day. Send him an online gift to Pakistan via virtual eGift cards along with a personalized greeting card or a video message you wish to share and the recipient will be notified within seconds through email or a text message.
It’s as easy as that!
The Perfect Father’s Day Gift Guide!
We thought to put together some fresh gifting ideas for you with these top 5 Father’s Day gift guides:
- Something he’ll love even if he wants nothing are Leather Accessories or smart footwear. You can never go wrong with eGift cards with some of our top quality brands like TSM & Co., SNUG, Kaachi & Co. and My Foot. If the dad you know needs a wardrobe makeover then we have just the designer apparel brands for you such as Khaas, Sajid Moosani and Cherry. Perhaps help him discover a whole new variety of scents according to his preferred palette to add to his collection from the Essence De Paris platform.
- A father would have to be pretty lucky to get a hot new LED Screen or Home Theatre for Father’s Day, but if you’re that kind of a generous gifter then you need to get him an eGift card to Abdullah Electronics or perhaps something out of Braun Household’s new range of kitchen gadgets.
- Every dad needs some peace and relaxing time to catch up on some reading. If he’s a bookworm an eGift card from Paramount is sure to be just the perfect pick for him or perhaps a nice relaxing day spent at the Dapper Salon (valid for one year) to pamper himself with a nice haircut!
- If he’s been complaining of aches/pains then he needs to keep fit. E-Gift cards from Prime Fitness or Lords Sports is bound to get him a subscription to keep him on his feet or better yet some adventure time at Divers Ref and Indus Scuba for entertainment.
- Help him discover a whole new variety of scents to add to his collection from the Essence De Paris platform. He is bound to find himself just the right scent for his palette!
- Lastly, I am sure he’ll find nothing better than some quality time spent with his son/daughter. Treat him for a dinner date or delivery from of our fine dining of Koel, Necos.
If you’ve found just what you’ve been looking for, head on now to https://www.giftkarte.com/ and share the joy of giving!